Monday, November 27, 2006

Flushed Away Manages to Float


What can I say? I've been on a movie binge this week. There are still a couple more out there that I'm hoping to see before they leave the theatre....*fingers crossed*.....

So my first attempt at seeing Happy Feet actually is what caused me to see "Flushed Away". It was one of those movies I wanted to see..."someday"....but had no really reason to see it post haste. However, sparing you the story, I ended up seeing Flushed Away instead of Happy Feet. (But I've seen both now, see Happy Feet's review below)

I was ok with this, because I did want to see it, so I went into the theatre in a bit of a neutral mind setting. (mind you this is the best way to do it)

People who love Wallace and Gromit will love this movie. I think regular folks will enjoy it as well. Maybe its because I love mice? I don't really know. But it was cute and entertaining without being 4 hours long. This is a great grown up kids movie. In other words, grown ups will love it as much as kids do. Which is a huge relief to those parents out there that have Barney lovers in their household. (and don't tell me you love Barney, I know the truth)

Basic premise is that Roddy (the main mouse) gets flushed down his owners toliet when another mouse tries to take over. He then attempts to find a plan (like all kids movies) to "get back home"....when all he learns in the end is that he loves where he is now. Sound like every other kid movie you know? Probably. But it still manages to pull it off. At least mice aren't over done like Penguins right now. Its as classic as "good vs. evil" its the same premise as everyother movie but still just as enjoyable. I recommend this movie for all ages. I know a 4 yr old that loved it, so theres your proof. My only complaint? It wasn't Pixar. Oh well. You can't have it all.

Rating: B+

Thoughts?: see this before Happy Feet

No comments: